In order to connect the domain name/s you purchased with Veromo to your website and email, you must change the name servers for your domain with us directly. We do not offer hosting services but we do have a partnership with Google Apps for Work. Ask us if you'd like us to help you set up with Google.
Once your nameservers are changed, it may take up to 48 hours for providers across the globe to update their DNS caches so that everyone can see your website.
If you've already got your hosting and email provider sorted:
Step 1: Contact your hosting provider and request their NameServer information.
- Whenever you purchase website or email hosting products, this information is commonly included in a "Welcome Pack" email or other information your hosting provider sends you.
- There will be 2 names you need - commonly referred to as the Primary and Secondary Nameservers
- You will need both.
Step 2: Login to your Domain Management Console at http://domains.veromo.com.au/:
- If you haven't done that before, you can find instructions HERE
Step 3: Update NameServer information for your domain(s):
- Once you've logged in to your Domain Management Console, at the top of the page you will see a square button marked "WWW" which says "Domains" in smaller text beneath it. Click it.
- On the following page, you will see all of the most important information about your domain name
- Look for the table marked "Name Servers"
- If you hold your mouse cursor over each row in the table, you will see the word "Modify" appear on the far-right-hand side of each row. Click the "Modify" link.
- Enter the NameServer information you obtained from your Hosting Provider in these boxes and click the "Update" button.
DONE! Often it can take up to 48 hours for these changes to take full effect. This is because of the way that the internet works - the information you just provided here has to propagate across the globe, and this is what allows people to type your domain name into a browser and find your website!
If you have not got your hosting or email provider sorted:
Step 1: Find a hosting provider and purchase hosting
- There are many different providers with many different pros and cons. We recommend Google Apps for Work. Ask us if you'd like us to help you set your domain up with Google.
Step 2: Once you have that sorted, complete the 3 steps above and you'll be done in no time!