Your NameServer records are the reason that someone on the other side of the planet can type your domain name into a browser and view your website - or send you email. Your NameServer is what tells the world which computer has the files which make up the website that belongs to yourdomain.com.au.
It's all just the deepest, darkest voodoo really ...
Step 1: Login to your Domain Management Console:
- If you haven't done that before, you can find instructions HERE
Step 2: Update NameServer information for your domain(s):
- Once you've logged in to your Domain Management Console, at the top of the page you will see a square button marked "WWW" which says "Domains" in smaller text beneath it. Click it.
- On the following page, you will see all of the most important information about your domain name
- Look for the table marked "Name Servers"
- If you hold your mouse cursor over each row in the table, you will see the word "Modify" appear on the far-right-hand side of each row. Click the "Modify" link.
- Enter the NameServer information you obtained from your Hosting Provider in these boxes and click the "Update" button.
DONE! Often it can take up to 48 hours for these changes to take full effect. This is because of the way that the internet works - the information you just provided here has to propagate across the globe, and this is what allows people to type your domain name into a browser and find your website!