A Company Name is the title under which it is registered with ASIC as a separate legal entity. Under the Corporations act, it must contain the legal terms/abbreviations ‘Pty Ltd’ or ‘Ltd’ etc. This suffix must be displayed on all relevant documents and at the business’ premises. Only a company is entitled to conditions such as the corporate tax rate and limited liability.
Articles in this section
- What is an ABN?
- Do I need an ABN?
- When and how do I cancel my ABN?
- Can I operate multiple businesses under one ABN?
- I am a Sole Trader, do I need a TFN?
- I was a Sole Trader but have taken on a Business Partner, do I need an ABN?
- How do I choose a Name?
- What is a Company Name?
- What is a Business Name?
- What's the difference between Company vs. Business names?